Interlochen State Park - Centennial Fun Open HouseName: Interlochen State Park - Centennial Fun Open HouseDate: May 18, 2019Time: 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM EDTEvent Description:
Join us as we celebrate the Michigan state parks centennial with an Open House! We will be sharing ideas for family-friendly outdoor fun offered by the Department of Natural Resources (DNR) and other organizations. Our goal is to encourage learning through adventure all summer long.
Children are welcome to "Touch-the-Trucks", as DNR staff will have a variety of big equipment on display. The beach store will be open and there will be a variety of vendors selling food and other merchandise, including official centennial merchandise. For more information about this event, please call the park.
Here is a list of some of the participating organizations at the Open House:
- Michigan State Parks Centennial station - visitors check in to get their scavenger hunt card
- MIchigan Geocaching Organization (MIGO) - Geocaching and Stete Parks Centennial Tour
- Touch the Trucks
- Grawn Field Office big equipment
- Law Enforcement Division
- Fish Division Stocking Truck
- Fishing by Explorer Guide
- Forest Resources - Embers interactive game showing how campfires start wildfires
- Smokey Bear
- Traverse City Pit Spitters - TC baseball team announcing inaugrual year
- Mission Point Lighthouse
- MARVAC - Rv on display
- Grand Traverse Hiking Club
- Grand Traverse Lighthouse
- Friends of Leelanau State Park
- Michigan Runner Girl
- Lighthouse Neurological Rehab Center sharing adaptive bike experiences
- S'more Selfie Stop - make a s'more and share your silly s'more face on social media
For more information about the Michigan state parks centennial, visit Michigan.gov/StateParks100
A Recreation Passport is required for vehicle entry into Michigan state parks. To make a camping reservation, visit www.midnrreservations.com or call 1-800-447-2757.
Please Note: Dates occasionally change and events may be canceled due to inclement weather and other reasons. Please call the park to confirm dates/times prior to your arrival.