The Benzie County Chamber of Commerce is a proud partner in the Northern Michigan Chamber Alliance. This partnership was established based on the premise that many legislative issues impact Michigan’s northern lower peninsula in similar ways. These issues should be addressed regionally to maximize the political influence of this 15-county chamber alliance and its over 7,500 members. The alliance of the Alpena Area Chamber of Commerce, Benzie County Chamber of Commerce, Cadillac Area Chamber of Commerce, Charlevoix Area Chamber of Commerce, Gaylord Area Chamber of Commerce, The Lake Superior Community Partnership, Manistee Area Chamber of Commerce Petoskey Regional Chamber of Commerce, and Traverse City Area Chamber of Commerce have identified legislative areas that should be monitored and advocated to elected officials on the local, state, and federal levels.
When deemed appropriate and in support of Chamber Alliance positions and recommendations, member advocacy and grassroots activities will be developed and promoted using this legislative agenda as a basis for taking position on legislative policy.
The Benzie County Government Relations Committee is responsible for:
- Researching legislative issues and recommend action to the board.
- Review local & regional policies and legislation.
- Participate with Northern Michigan Chamber Alliance Programs.
- To plan events for the community bringing our representatives here to address issues of importance to businesses and the community.
- the Benzie County Chamber of Commerce does not support candidates, but may take positions on local, state and national issues.
2018 Candidate Questionnaire Responses
The Benzie County Chamber of Commerce Government Relations Committee sent questionnaires to those running for a Benzie County Commissioners seat.
Please use the link below to view the responses to our questions.
In addition the Northern Michigan Chamber Alliance sent questionnaires to those running for State & Federal seats, those responses are also available to view using the links below.