Futures for Frontliners
Futures for Frontliners is a state scholarship program for Michiganders without college degrees who worked in essential industries during the state COVID-19 shutdown in spring 2020 (April 1 – June 30). This scholarship provides these frontline workers with tuition-free access to local community college to pursue an associate degree or a skills certificate, either full-time or part-time while you work.
Thinking about going back to school? Choose the path that’s right for you:
- Start at your local community college and earn a skill certificate or associate degree.
- Complete your high school diploma or equivalent and continue onto college.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a Michigan resident
- Have worked in an essential industry at least part-time for 11 of the 13 weeks between April 1 – June 30, 2020
- Have been required by their job to work outside the home at least some of the time between April 1 – June 30, 2020
- Not have previously earned an associate or bachelor's degree
- Not be in default on a Federal student loan
- Complete a Futures for Frontliners scholarship application by 11:59 pm on December 31, 2020